At 1924 Fine Men’s Salon & barbershop in Barrington, we want all of our clients to look their best, whether they are sporting a new men’s hairstyle, beard, or growing out their hair. We are here to give you the tools to look top-notch no matter the occasion. For those men wanting to grow out their hair for a thicker, longer look, we can help as well. Our experienced men’s salon has some important tips to grow out your hair, continue reading below.
Tips To Look Good While Growing A Longer Hairstyle
Our professional Deer Park barbers and men’s hairstylists want to help our clients grow out their hair effectively while keeping a tame men’s hairstyle. Growing your hair out isn’t necessarily easy; it can look choppy or awkward when you are in the “in-between” phase from short hair to long hair. Take it from us at 1924 Fine Men’s Salon and follow these tips:
- Continue to visit the barber: Just because you are growing your hair out, doesn’t mean you should stop going to your barbershop. We recommend talking with your barber, explain that you’re trying to grow your hair out, and they will help. Also, by continuing to trim your hair slightly while growing it out will keep it healthy, decrease the risk of split ends, and help manage your hair.
- Start with long hair on top: Begin by growing out your hair on the top of your head first. Simultaneously, you can keep the sides and back shorter. By doing so, you will avoid any sort of “mullet” look, unless that’s what you’re going for. Growing your hair out on top first will help you keep a manageable style while working towards your goal.
- Shampoo less: While growing your hair out, you do not need to shampoo your hair every day. In fact, sometimes, less is more. To keep your hair healthy and strong, you need rich nutrients. If you shampoo too often, you might be stripping your hair of natural oils and nutrients it needs to grow.
- Begin conditioning: If you haven’t used a conditioner with your short hair, you should definitely start while growing your hair out. Longer hair needs conditioner and moisture at the tips of the hair. This will also help keep some of your natural oils and nutrients in your hair.
- Be patient: Hair takes time to grow, so be patient. If you are frustrated or have an awkward length of hair, come talk to our barbers at 18I8 Barrington and we will be sure to help!
With these tips, we are positive you will be well on your way to a longer hairstyle, and we can’t wait to help!
Contact 1924 Fine Men’s Salon & Barbershop For Your Hair Needs!
For more information about growing your hair out or to discuss your options with one of our barbers, call 1924 Fine Men’s Salon in Barrington. We are conveniently located in Barrington, IL and serve the entire Barrington, Deer Park, Palatine, Inverness, Fox River Grove, Lake Zurich, and the Greater Barrington Area. Contact our team for all of your hair and beard needs. We look forward to seeing you soon!